TO THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS
Become a "Defender of the Holy Name of God"
Those interested to make reparation to the Holy Face on Sundays, see Mrs. June Sheahan. First and second Sunday of the month will begin at 9:30 am (before the Holy Rosary), and the other Sundays will be immediately after 10:00 o’clock Mass.
The Prayers of Reparation to the Holy Face of Jesus last Sunday were successful. Thank you
Why should we practice this devotion?
1. Our Lord told Sr. Mary of St. Peter that He wanted this devotion established in every diocese of the world.
2. Jesus gave Sister Mary of St. Peter many wonderful promises for those who would practice it.
3. He directed the Pope to establish it by Papal Bull so that it would never perish. This was done by Pope Leo XIII in 1885.
4. God performed miracles for thirty years before the picture of the suffering Face of Jesus to attest to the truth of the revelations made to Sister Mary of St. Peter.
5. Our Lord said to Sister Mary, "Rejoice, My daughter, because the hour approaches when the most beautiful work under the sun will be born."
This devotion was universally practiced before World War I, but has since declined.
was the favorite devotion of St. Theresa of Lisieux,
so much so that she chose for her religious name "St
Theresa of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face".
She said that the suffering, wounded Face of her
dear Jesus was the foundation of all her piety.
For more detailed information, please obtain a Holy Face Pamphlet at the Chapel bookstore, and see June Sheahan.